Tuesday, October 26, 2010

iTunes Could Not Sync Calendars To The iPhone “iPhone_Name” Because The Sync Server Failed

Problem:
I have been syncing my iPhone using USB that connects to my computer (PC with Windows 7 OS) and I did not have any issue synchronizing my Calendar, Contacts etc. until recently when I tried to sync my iPhone with my computer (using iTunes of course), I suddenly received the following error message:  
  iTunes Failed

Solution: Solving this issue quite easy. Just follow the step by step below.
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes (If iTunes does not launch automatically, double click the application to launch iTunes).
2. Once iTunes is running, click on the iPhone in the left navigation pane
3. Once the iPhone is highlighted click the Info tab and scroll to the bottom to see the Advanced settings as shown below
itunes

4. Under “Replace Information On The iPhone”, check box next to Calendars (this will cause the iPhone calendar to be completely overwritten with the calendar items from the calendar you are syncing with)
5. Click “Apply” to start the synchronization.

I hope this helps!

13 comments:

  1. Worked! Worked! Worked! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally works!!! I have tried other methods and this is the one that works!!

    Thanks very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. This saved a lot of frustration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I echo these sentiments! Thanks a bunch. This works, folks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, works for me too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does not work for me at all. I keep getting the same messsage as I was getting before. I sync my Iphone to my work and home computers. I have 4 calanders trying to sync. Is that the problem? and how do I remove the extra calander from the sync process?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replace information on iPhone - worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have this problem but backwards. I can't get my calendar from my iPhone to my outlook. Please help.

    ReplyDelete
  10. On my setup (MacBook Pro, iPhone 5, latest iOS for both) it looks like I will have to do the above step each time I want to sync my phone with the laptop ... too bad it can't be automatic, but at least it works, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’m from United States, My husband divorced me 3 years ago for no reason, i did all i could to get him but didn't work, until i met Dr.Agbazara of AGBAZARA TEMPLE on the internet who helped me to cast a re-union spell and within 24hours my husband came back to me apologizing. Thanks to Dr.agbazara. Contact this great spell caster on your relationship or marriage problems on:
    ( agbazara@gmail.com ) OR WHATSAPP: +2348104102662.

    ReplyDelete